Claireville Alpacas is a provider of alpaca services, (?Services?) which includes alpaca experiences through visitors to our Site, mobile apps or social media and Client names and contacts details (referred to here as ?you?, ?your?, ?user(s)?) to enable us to understand your requirements and to provide our Services to you.
Claireville Alpacas is a ?data controller? and therefore we have responsibility for how your personal information is used. Your information is always collected, received, stored and processed strictly in accordance with, the Data Protection Act 1998.
1. The information we collect about you
When you contact the Claireville Alpacas either via our Site, mobile apps, social media, by telephone or whenever you request our Services, we collect the following personal information from you, which may include:
1.1?name, postal address and postcode, email address and telephone number.
1.2?Site and app usage information such as your browser details, IP Address and details of your browsing experience, the unique identifier of your device, operating system, GPS location.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us verify your identity and improve our Services to you.
Examples of information we gather include:
- Enquiries data:?when you send an enquiry to us, fill out any forms or request any Services from us, we collect that information to enable us to evaluate your requirements and to provide our Services to you.
- Correspondence:?when you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence to assist us to create a file for you when appropriate and to provide us with a continuous understanding of your requirements to provide a streamlined service to you;
- Search information:?when you conduct a search of our Site, apps or social media systems, we use tracking tools such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about your usage and browsing activities and we record this into our logs. This helps us improve our search facilities to provide you with more relevant results to improve your user experience.
- Other information:?By using services like Google Analytics we also collect statistics on devices, operating systems, browser information location etc. Again, this helps us to continually improve our Service and to provide you with more personal user experience.
2. How we will use the information about you
We gather your information to allow us to:
- process your enquiries and to communicate with you to generally to provide our Services to you;
- maintain up to date database of Clients, which enable us to communicate with you more easily and to perform the Services requested by you more efficiently;
- to assist us to continually improve and develop our Site and our Services.
The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to process and administer your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the operation of your account and the provision of our Services in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Site usage in order to help us to develop our Site, apps, social media platforms and our Services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the Services that we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our Services.
To promote your safety and security we use the information we collect to help verify accounts and activity and to promote safety and security, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms or policies.
3. Sharing with Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties so that they can provide services to us (e.g. postal and courier services, call centre providers, professional advisers or a market research company), but where we do we will put in place a written agreement with provisions requiring the protection of your information. Where you have consented to be contacted by certain third parties by email or other means, we may provide your information to them and they may use it for advertising or marketing purposes. To enable us to perform our Services to you, your information may also be shared with relevant third parties to enable them to process and fulfil your Instructions or to assist us to provide our Services to you.
Where required or permitted by law, we may share information requested by a government agency or other regulatory body or organisation, to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any Client, or third-party, or in the detection and prevention of fraud (including credit card or identity fraud) and other crimes.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Site or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, send a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org?If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt-in at a later date.
We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to email@example.com. If you agree to us providing you with third party marketing information, you can always opt-in at a later date.
- Authentication and security: for example, to tell us when you are logged in so we can show you your information and relevant data and protect your account from unauthorised users.
- Analytics and research: we collect data about the usage of the platform to analyse where improvements can be made and provide an easy to use overall user experience of our platform.
6. How we protect your information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information:
All communication between your browser (whether desktop or mobile) and our servers is performed through a secure connection using encryption. All the information is stored safely in our servers and available/disclosed only to Claireville Alpacas personnel, consultants, Service Partners, and professional advisers who need to access that information in order to enable us to provide our Services, and strictly upon entering into obligations of confidentiality in respect of your information.
We will use all reasonable efforts and technical measures to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
7. Overseas Transfers
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (?EEA?) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
8. Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address, name or payment details or if you wish to cancel your registration, or unsubscribe to our communications, please let us know by sending a support request email@example.com,? You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
9. Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
10. Your consent
12. How to contact us
13. Links to other websites