- Deposits will be taken when booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable.
- Changes to bookings cannot be made within 72 hours of your visit.
- Aim to arrive at the farm slightly before your visit start time. We always try to accommodate visitors who may have had troubles locating the farm or other travel-related issues. We cannot delay any experience for more than 15 minutes from the set start time.
2: Ages Restrictions
- All under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids aged 12 and over will be able to walk an alpaca unaided.
- Under 12’s will walk alongside an adult or handler with a second lead rope on their alpaca.
- Always inform us of ages when booking.
- We take 6 alpacas maximum on our treks at the moment.
- During standard treks there will be one person to each alpaca.
(Unless assisting a child)
- However, large groups can also be accommodated with a maximum of 2 people per alpaca.
Groups who arrive with a larger number than booked may not be permitted to partake in the experience.
No person at any time will have sole control of more than 2 alpacas except for staff members.
We reserve the right to refuse any visitor the opportunity to take part in our experiences under the following circumstances;
- If the visitor is unfit to control an alpaca due to the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- If the visitor is displaying inappropriate behaviour towards the animals or other visitors.
- If including the visitor in the experiences may cause a safety risk or hazard.
5: Cancellations by Claireville Alpacas
We reserve the right to cancel any experiences at short or no advance notice due to the following circumstances;
- Health or welfare of any alpaca, sheep, cow or Minty on our premises.
- Weather conditions which may cause a health and safety risk to the animals or visitors.
- Illness or personal circumstances relating to the owners or the staff of Claireville Alpacas.
- External factors. (E.g. animal movement restrictions, COVID, etc.)
In the event of a cancellation under the above circumstances Claireville Alpacas will be liable for rescheduling the booking to a later date.
6: Cancelations by Visitors
- Visits must be cancelled at least 48 hours before your scheduled visit.
- Visitors will have 2 months to reschedule their visit or deposit will be lost.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours before your visit run the risk of losing their deposit.
- Exceptions can be made in extreme circumstances. (E.g. Injury, breakdown, etc.)
- Dogs are not permitted within the farm at any time.
- Dogs cannot accompany visitors during the experiences.
- Dogs should not be left within the visitors’ cars during experiences.
- Currently service dogs are also not permitted on the farm but we are in the process of training some of our alpacas for these situations.
- Treks are not suitable for individuals with major mobility issues.
- Some parts of the farm are wheelchair accessible.
We always do our best to accommodate everyone in our experiences so if you have any personal requirements please get in touch and speak with a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- Claireville Alpacas hold a Public Liability Insurance certificate.
- A full health and safety talk will be given before the start of every experience.
- Visitors however, are still responsible for their own safety and the safety of others in their party.
- Accompanying adults are responsible for anyone in their party under the age of 16.
- We have a small onsite car park at the entrance to the farm where all visitors must park.
- Cars are parked at the owners’ risk.
- There are toilet facilities on the farm that can be used if needed.
- There are currently no disabled access toilets but will be added in future.
No visitors are permitted within the main farm and should not be on the farm at any point without a member of staff.
Should you need more clarification on our terms and conditions then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org